A beautifully presented Grade II Listed 5 bedroom traditional Cotswold village house with rural views and delightful south-west facing gardens. In all about 0.925 acres.
The Dower House is a delightful property on the edge of the village that backs onto the grounds of Barnsley Park.
Thought to date back to 1780, it has been extended over the years to provide a light and spacious family home with a sociable layout and generous storage throughout. It retains many period details including stone mullions, window seats and shutters, exposed beams, and a most attractive stone chamfered doorway with a semi-circular stone hood above. It was renovated to an exemplary standard in the early 2000’s and has been further improved and immaculately maintained by the current owners.
Of particular note are the exquisite traditional gardens. Fully enclosed by Cotswold stone walls and carefully illuminated, they provide an idyllic haven for children and pets and a wonderful backdrop for entertaining.