Common questions about renting

Answered to some of the questions most commonly asked by tenants.

What is the minimum rental period?
Our tenancies are usually Assured Shorthold Tenancies, which have a minimum six month term.  However, many landlords are looking for long term tenants and one year fixed term tenancies are the most popular with our landlords.

Will the rental property be professionally cleaned and what does this include?
We advise all our landlords to have their properties professionally cleaned before a new tenant moves in.  What is included in this depends upon the property and the landlord.  

Will a Schedule of Condition and Inventory be taken at the beginning of the tenancy?
We recommend that before a tenancy commences that an independent clerk be booked to prepare a Schedule of Condition and Inventory with photographs.

Will an information pack be available regarding the property equipment?
We advise our landlords to make this available so that tenants do not experience any problems when moving into the property.

What utility companies are serving the property and which Local Authority is to be contacted regarding Council Tax?
We will give you details of the utility companies, the Local Authority and the Council Tax Band on request.  The tenant needs to contact all these services directly to notify them of the tenancy start date, in the case of the utilities, to provide them with meter readings.

What is the post code of the property?
We will provide you with this if it is not included on the property details.

Do rental properties have Energy Performance Certificates?
Yes, these are available to be seen by any potential tenants on request.