A spacious and beautifully presented three bedroom duplex apartment with elegantly proportioned reception rooms, forming part of an appealing country house
Filkins Hall is an attractive Cotswold stone country house, converted in the late 1980’s into ten separate apartments. The original Georgian building was destroyed in a fire in 1876 and rebuilt in the Jacobean style in 1906, with features including high ceilings, stone mullioned windows, stone fireplaces and an impressive oak central staircase.
The Hall is in a tranquil, edge of village, location with a classical vista over a splendid south facing garden, across the ha ha and adjoining field and through a fine avenue of trees to a distant stone gateway.
There are seven further dwellings within the Hall complex, including two in the handsome Grade II listed Georgian coach house. They share the communal grounds, which are maintained to an exceptional standard.
Formed from Apartments 4 and 6, this impressive duplex is situated in the south west wing of the hall with direct access to the fabulous gardens.
Distinguished by a particularly bright and spacious dining / sitting room with a large south facing bay window and an impressive drawing room / library, and complemented by a well-appointed kitchen, elegant bedrooms and bathrooms and tastefully finished interior, it offers an impressive and comfortable home in the Cotswolds, an idyllic country retreat that is ideal for entertaining with well appointed guest accommodation.