A wonderful Cotswold stone family home set in the heart of this desirable rural village.
Windrush House is in a desirable position at the end of Main Street, with views over the surrounding farmland and to the hills in the distance. This house has been a well-loved home for the current family for over 35 years. The original cottage is believed to have been built in 1843 and was extended in the late 1980’s to the rear and to the side. These extensions have transformed a semi-detached Cotswold stone cottage into a spacious house with a triple aspect drawing room, a generous principle bedroom and a kitchen/dining room. Period features include the wood panelling and a large Cotswold stone fireplace with a beam above in the sitting room. There are exposed floorboards in bedroom two and exposed beams throughout. The drawing room has a large fireplace with a wood burner and French doors which open out to the paved terrace. The lawns wrap around the property and there are two terraces which are ideal for outdoor entertaining. The Cotswold stone outbuilding at the end of the garden has been used as two offices.
Adlestrop is a beautiful Gloucestershire village deep in the heart of the North Cotswolds, kept unspoilt by the Adlestrop Estate. There is wonderful walking from the doorstep, this area is designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Adlestrop has its own Conservation Area. There is a thatched village post office opposite, a church, cricket club and village hall for community events.
Adlestrop is well located between the towns of Stow-on-the-the-Wold and Moreton-in-Marsh, both of which provide day to day shops, pubs, restaurants and numerous coffee shops and cafes. Moreton-in-Marsh and Kingham stations are both only a short drive away, with a regular rail service to Oxford and London Paddington. Within a mile is Daylesford organic farm shop and spa, whilst Kingham and Churchill are nearby with their renowned village pubs and schools. Soho Farmhouse.