The Basic Payment Scheme 2019 online window is due to open on Wednesday 13th March, with the deadline for applications being Wednesday 15th May.
Provided that your submission has been made by the scheme deadline, you will be able to make amendments to your application up until the 31st May, without penalty.
The Rural Payments Agency has confirmed that the application process will be in line with last years process. However, there are a couple of points to note, as follows:
- The Active Farmer declaration has been removed;
- Tolerances have been introduced to the RPA’s Land Change Detection system in order to stop very small changes being made to land parcels, as they were last year, hopefully reducing the number of mapping issues;
- You will need to create a new application (not just generate a new version of your application) to bring through any land changes that you have made so that they show on your application form;
- Young farmer payment – you will need to submit supporting evidence again this year;
- The National Reserve for new and young farmers is still available for 2019;
- There are no confirmed changes to the cross compliance rules in 2019.
If you require any assistance with your BPS 2019 claim, please contact Hennie Hargreaves in the Butler Sherborn Rural Team on 01285 883751 / email@example.com